Life is a funny thing!
I have a blog post that I had put up not to long ago in another place.  I've decided that perhaps I should put it down here too.  That way I have the reinforcement in more than one place to keep going. Even through all the dissappointment.  Here it is.


Life is a funny thing.
Posted On: 01/24/2011 15:08:21

Life is a funny thing, really it is. I'm now 30 and starting everything over that I started at 20. I suppose I'm a bit sad that I failed, but in a way quite releaved.  I failed in the job area, now I'm going to school for a career in Medical billing and coding. Which unlike retail and Hospitality can be moved and will pay enough to sustain.  I failed at having my own place and ended back up with my family, now the next time I go out for my own place I'll know what I will need and what is just luxury.  I failed in several relationships, now I know I do not want a boyfriend just so that I wont be alone.  I now know I want a true compassionate, understanding partner.  
I had an older friend tell me a few years ago that the best years of his life were his 30's. He said that prior to that you have tried and failed. As a result you have learned what does and doesn't work and adjust accordingly. He also said it makes things much easier.  I'm not so sure on the easier part, but I'm beginning to see what he meant about the tried and failed.
At this point I'm obviously starting over on everything. At times it is frustrating and embarrassing.  The embarrassing part just from others opinions, which is an oddity to me. Up until about 5 yrs ago when I was 25 and decided to try the hospitality industry. I was able to roll all the negativity and all the trappings of it off my back.  It never mattered if someone in my family or a person I hung out with disagreed with what I was doing.  It may have been the manager that I had for the last 4 yrs, no scratch that I know it was the manager I had and a supervisor for the last two years that somehow cracked my wall.  Now it seems that anyone from family to friends can get my goat.  
I'm trying to remember what it was that had made me so strong before I broke.  It seems that the world has forgotten what PERSONNEL RESPONSIBILITY is as well as CONFIDENT PRIDE.  most everyone around me now just wants to have all the rewards with out the hard work. They lie, cheat, scapegoat, and bully to get what the feel they deserve rather than take life as it comes.  My family seems to have settled down in their freak-out now that they have looked into what I'm going to school for. 
So in the end it's frustrating with society that I'm starting from scratch again, but deep down it feels right.  So thanks for reading my needed venting. 


I hope your journey is less frustrating, but very rewarding.

0 comments: