The Holidays are way too strange this year.
Well Christmas came and went,and felt nothing like Christmas to me. Everyone eventually got to my uncle Alex's house for the holiday. naturally running late. The good part though was that I saw many cousins that I don't get to see most of the year, even though we live in the same city.  Which will actually carry into the New Years celebration. Christmas was spent with mostly my Mom's side of the Family, and New years will be with mostly my Dad's side.  






I've been told that not only are my Uncle and Aunt coming in from VA, but that their oldest daughter is coming with her husband also. I haven't seen that cousin since she graduated from high School three years behind me. In fact, She's been married for quite some time and I haven't even meet the guy. That should be fun. 


I have noticed that I have let something slip this year though, and it seems to have affected me greatly. It's scary how such a small thing can have such a large affect on life, but it does. 
For a while I've kept a gratitude journal but haven't written in it since June. I'm not to sure why, but as I said I have noticed the difference in my thought process and attitude. So I need to start it up again. For a while I've kept a gratitude journal but haven't written in it since June. I'm not to sure why, but as I said I have noticed the difference in my thought process and attitude. So I need to start it up again. 
My Parents are headed to Dallas again to pick up Monica's totaled JEEP, and look at a few cars with her. She's gotten some money to buy a new one instead of getting one of the cars from here. She's bummed that her beloved JEEP she got for Graduation is gone, but glad no one was hurt.  We all feel the same here. 


So Gratitude.................
1. Got to see all the young ones I don't get to see regularly. 
2. Going to go see a close friend I didn't get to see this year.
3. Have a job interview Tomorrow.
4. Got some good presents this year. many some things I've been looking for but not quite finding. 
5. I've realized how important it is to keep this going in order to keep an objective head. 


If you want to join in go a head. You only need five. In most cases though one can work just fine. I wouldn't mind see what others are grateful for especially since the news is full of to many stories of otherwise. 
I really can't wait for 2012 and see what is next. 
My cousin Theresa is ready for her
 little boy to come in a week or so. 





See the polka dot shirt? She was a baby when I was in HS.
and the blue shirt was as big as Juliet last year. 
Waiting for presents to be passed out.


Those teen in the middle are 
also making me pause at age.
They were born when I was in HS too. 

0 comments: